Healing the Fractured Child
Diagnosis and Treatment of Youth With Dissociation
Pub Date: March 2016
Page Count: 472
List Price: $60.00
Discount Price: $48.00
Frances S. Waters DCSW LMSW LMFT
Illuminates the most promising treatments available for dissociative children
Fran Waters has drawn on her vast clinical experience and thorough knowledge of current perspectives on dissociation and child therapy to write an integrative, readable, and immensely useful masterpiece - a gift to the field of child psychology and psychotherapy and to the many therapists, children and parents who will benefit from her wisdom.
Pat Ogden PhD, Founder, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute; Author, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Interventions for Trauma and Attachment
- Comprehensive book on theory, differential diagnosis, assessment and treatment of dissociation in children and adolescents
- Solid theoretical foundation combing neurobiology, attachment,child development, family systems and dissociation for successful treatment
- Rich clinical cases with artwork and dialogue depicting the treatment process throughout the book
- Innovative and creative techniques to help the fractured child achieve integration
- Focus chapters on EMDR, art therapy and psychopharmacology in treatment of dissociative children
Frances S. Waters is an international trainer and consultant in the field of trauma and dissociation. She is the past president of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. She maintains a private practice in Marquette, Michigan.